1. The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we do with your personal information.
1. This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) and modified by vpnMentor (www.vpnmentor.com)
C. How we collect your personal data
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
1. Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system
2. Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
3. Information that you enter when you register with our website, such as your email website.
4. Information that you enter in order to set up subscription to our emails and/or newsletters.
5. Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
6. Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transaction you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details.
7. Any other personal information you send to us.
D. Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
1. To provide and operate the Services;
2. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
3. To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
4. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
5. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.Administering our website and business
6. Sending you email notifications you have specifically requested.
7. Sending you our email newsletter if you signed up for it (you can unsubscribe at any time).
8. Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
9.Keeping our website secure and prevent fraud.
10.Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant us. Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website. We will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
E. Disclosing personal information
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
F. International data transfers
1. Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
2. Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America.
3. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
4. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section F.
G. Retaining personal information
1. This Section G sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
2. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
3. Without prejudice to article G-2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
a. personal data type will be deleted at the end of the following calendar year
4. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
c. in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention
and reducing credit risk).
H. Security of your personal information
1. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
J. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
1. the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity as instructed by us.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
K. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
session and persistent cookies on our website.
1. The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
2. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
a. in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,”
“Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
b. in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
c. in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show
advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
3. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
a. in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
b. in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,”“Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for
history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
c. in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show
advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear
4. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at kati(at)katib.fi